Football Results

Vent your spleen about the latest results in this section!
Selhurst

Re: Football Results

Post by Selhurst »

Why is it that different rules seem to apply to goalkeepers compared to outfield players. Pickford’s challenge on Van Dyck was clearly reckless and endangering another player. Even if the ref missed it, VAR should surely have picked it up. The merest touch on a player running at them is given as a penalty, yet a two-footed assault doesn’t even merit a card! The fact that Van Dyck was offside meant it could not be a penalty, but it had to be a straight red card.
Jefe 24/7
Site Admin

Re: Football Results

Post by Jefe 24/7 »

Selhurst wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 am Why is it that different rules seem to apply to goalkeepers compared to outfield players. Pickford’s challenge on Van Dyck was clearly reckless and endangering another player. Even if the ref missed it, VAR should surely have picked it up. The merest touch on a player running at them is given as a penalty, yet a two-footed assault doesn’t even merit a card! The fact that Van Dyck was offside meant it could not be a penalty, but it had to be a straight red card.
I have to say, even with my blinkers on, it seemed a straight red for me. I was watching the game on DAZN with Spanish coms and they could not believe what happened. We will miss VVD more than the extra 2 points we were subsequently cheated out of.